Friday, December 24, 2010

It's been awhile!

I admit I've let this wane a bit. Most of it is because I've been incredibly busy with school. I know, excuses, excuses.

Fortunately, this blog will now be full of pictures. I have my own camera! It's rather hard to motivate myself to sew when my cell phone camera (which, let's face it, is not the greatest) was the only thing I had. But now I can quite happily snap pictures all day long with my new DSLR!

With that explanation, it's time for a lot of pictures.

Photobucket

The first few pics were a bit hard to shoot.

Photobucket

...shortly after that, I discovered that the image stabilizing on my lens was still off. That helped!

Photobucket

A nice portrait.

Then Christmas came!

Photobucket

Annabel thinks this new girl has a fantastic dress, but is the worst conversationalist she's ever met. (I did try desperately to get the dress off. Unfortunately it's very much glued on. Sigh, sigh.)

Photobucket

But, Annabel got the tiny necklace that was supposed to be for it. HaHA!

(Christmas decorations are my mother's doing.)

Photobucket

Then I found...

...the pile of old Barbies from my youth. Much mischief managed.

Photobucket

"You mean people actually WORE this? Intentionally?"

"It was the early 90's, Annabel. It was a very, uh, different time."

Photobucket

"I can't believe anyone would wear this. I'm a sparkly, glittery mess. And the tights! No human being would EVER make such things..."

"Two words, Annabel: American Apparel."

"...point."

Photobucket

"I thought you said 'nice holiday portrait', not 'try to make Annabel look like a soccer mom' portrait..."

No comments:

Post a Comment