Monday, January 4, 2010

Circle Skirt... failed attempt #1 + Project List!


NO TYCHO NOOOOO

Tycho is not a very good helper.


...which is one of the reasons why I didn't realize her hand had slipped half off. Sigh. I blame that on Tycho! But also I may have some adventures in felting later to correct that...

Also sorry if these pictures look a bit odd. They actually should look more normal than usual. Our den is pretty warm-toned, and I keep forgetting to hit autolevels. So these are actually more true to life. Doesn't Annabel have such lovely green eyes?

Anyway, I tried to do a simple circle skirt. I also did so thinking, "I don't need a pattern! Ha!"

No, no, I do need a pattern, and I do need to use a string compass, it is not something I can eyeball. So this skirt is, uhm, a little lopsided. Fortunately it's hidden fairly well here. The top is also just from the pair of old granny panties.

So!

Things I still want to do, in my last week or so of vacation...

-Figure out that loose hand and do some felting - maybe with glue if possible - to correct it. (I have tacky glue and the fray-stop stuff, would those work, I wonder? Or is hot glue felting the best way?

-Make some tights from the granny panties (w/ lace trim at the bottom, on the leg, capri-ish length)

-Make a good circle skirt cardboard pattern. Perhaps scan and post here.

-Make circle skirts out of most of the cotton prints I haven't touched yet - the greeny-pink, the pink stripes (this one done up better), the yellow.

-Make pants out of that corduroy.

-Figure out a simple, more fitted top pattern out of cloth. Perhaps combine with circle skirt to sew some sundresses.

-Make a small bodice of some type to go with the fancy evening gown.

-Cut up a Coca-cola can and try some simple armorsmithing/jewlerymaking. Circlet, bracers, shinguards, maybe a breastplate if I get the hang of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment