Friday, January 1, 2010

Fancy Silky Dress






Looking at this dress, you probably wouldn't have guessed this was formerly a pair of granny panties...! I may be frugal, I may be odd, but I like 'em much better as a dress for Annabel than as uncomfortable too-large panties.

Now that it's well sewn - you can see how bad my work is in the shot that's from the back, and there are a few stray threads I still need to clip (I was just so excited to take pictures, haha). The fingerless gloves/over-fancy arm warmers were made from the same material. I probably have enough to make at least 2 more dresses from the fabric, 3 if I'm careful, thanks to the panties being a rather large pair!

I may reinforce the bodice a bit too... oh Japan, and your insistence that poor Annabel's bosom apparently always is set to "it's got to be at most 20 degrees out here" perky.

I may add on more to this. I may not. I'm surprisingly pleased with it, even from the back. There's a small train you can see there and when she's sitting. I think I might figure out some sort of belt or corsetlet-bodice to go on top of it to give it some punch. It's plain, but rather charmingly and elegantly so right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment