Friday, January 1, 2010

Penguin Lounge Pants (hopefully, soon PJs)




It took me two tries to make these and still they aren't quite right. (Sigh.) And I've tried to make a top two times too. After working with slightly stretchy cloth, I just can't quite grok how to work with the very stiff, unyielding flannel. Whatever I think will be loose ends up far too tight! I at least have gotten a top I think will work, spanning the gap with some ribbon, and making it button in the front... when I can find my bitty buttons, anyway. (Argh!)

The top pictured isn't a new one... but I did make a new white-knit top out of the top of a sock. It looks almost cable knit. I'm not sure quite what to do with it honestly... Ideas are appreciated. I have some pink silky fabrics that I could make a skirt for it with, or some pink-patterned plain cotton, or pink-and-green, or yellow, or even that corduroy. Decisions, decisions.

...but isn't it an adorable flannel, even if I can't sew it well, though? Penguins AND hearts! :)

1 comment:

  1. These are adorable! The penguins are the perfect scale:) I just found your blog today, and I'm loving your tutorials and photos!

    ReplyDelete