Friday, December 18, 2009

Annabel's First Faceup


Let me just go ahead and say this: I'm not the world's best painter. I like to draw, but painting eludes me.

Of course, this was fighting against many things - mostly my mom's old Burnt Umber. Apparently acrylic paint gets a little clumpy after 15-odd years. Who knew? :P

Still, I think things were going quite well until the brown...


This shows her hair color in slightly better light. At first I wasn't so sure about the wine red, but there seems to be a paucity of red shades in wigs for these dolls, which is a little perplexing to me. Someone more hardcore would have gotten a head and rooted it, but let's face it, Annabel's my first doll and I'm so ditzy I can't even paint straight - let's not ponder what a rerooting of hair would be!

I'm still working out how exactly her hair will go. I found some better tiny clips but I'm scared of braiding it and the like. Wig hair is sort of a scary thing to work with!




Here's a slightly better picture of her, all said and done. Her lip got scuffed lightly, as I didn't seal it - it's a bad paint job, so why bother?



So here's my plan for later on this break. Someone suggested drawing a picture, so that helps. I'm going to focus on making the eyebrows more dainty, and making lighter, smaller, more varied freckles, probably using the tip of a pin and a pinhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment