Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Buttons!

Murphy's law - as soon as I post, I'm up for three more hours sewing things because my foot hurts. But at least I've made a nice little ensemble.

I'm coming to appreciate all the things you can do with a sock. Yeah, the white's a little dingy... but I like the top.


I also redid the green-swirl skirt... since the pattern is so large the skirts are sufficiently different. It's a little more A-line. Fortunately I still have a lot of the cloth to play around with. I'd love to make her a sundress out of it.


I have totally fallen in love with this corduroy. It was around 4 dollars for nearly a yard - something like 9/10ths - and its print is SO cute! Even though it does blend a little with my sewing box... I have a bit of a thing for blue prints. Anyway, she'll eventually get some pants and maybe a vest out of the same stuff. 70's fabulous, but it's such a great corduroy!



I realize it's all a lot of pictures but I'm not quite happy with either room lights or the flash. Anyway, the heel of the sock that her shirt came from screamed to me 'bag!'. It's a pretty clumsy execution but now that I've done it once I can do it again. I like it pretty nicely as a whole outfit, though I think I may make a buttoney belt to go with this white shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment