Thursday, December 24, 2009

Leggings and yellow top

Well, I lied, I did get some pictures done today. I am proud of this little outfit - I know it's not master craftsmanship but I feel like I'm getting better!

I have great plans for this yellow print and ribbon, oh yes... I'd like to redo this but with actual, well, sleevelike sleeves. Perhaps 3/4 length with the ribbon as trim, and a bit more shape to make it a baby-doll top with the ribbon for the empire waist. Decisions, decisions!


Here's the whole little ensemble. Yeah, yeah, perching atop my sewing box is not the most flattering background... but isn't it such a cute little outfit? I am glad I was able to snag that yellow cloth. I guess I just don't think of yellow much in my outfits because I personally think I look very bad in it. But it looks fantastic on Annabel!


Here is the closeup of the leggings from above. The white is actually thread, not the thing bursting apart at the seams... I am really pleased with how they turned out, all told. It was sort of difficult cloth to work with and I think I have a bit of a right to be proud! Even if the stitching isn't the best, and they are still a bit messy... ah well! There's a good 1/3 of a yard left!

No comments:

Post a Comment