Monday, December 21, 2009

Viciously Stabbing Cloth as Therapy

They say about the third/fourth days away from a surgery is when it hurts most, and I can believe it. Fortunately I have managed to fool myself into thinking that viciously stabbing at fabric is appropriate therapy! So, more sewing has occurred.

Of course, I never promised that it was sewing that was any GOOD... but practice makes perfect, right?


Only really one thing for today, but I tried the sweater tutorial from earlier and got results that are a bit neater. I really like this longer length, and turning down the cuff. I should finish up the hem just for appearance's sake.


Flash makes things look a bit different, ah well. You can now clearly see my shoddy work. But you can't see her shoes. I stole them from the Juku Couture doll who is becoming my 'experiment', and same deal with the socks. They're cute bright-pink things and hopefully I can remember to get them photographed next.

Speaking of the Juku Couture dolls...

My practice doll has been SUCH a little thorn in my side. I pulled off her hands, feet, and upper arms easily - they come away cleanly just like the Obitsu's hands and feet - but I cannot get the rest to budge! Admittedly I am a little bit of a scaredy cat about it, but it's also very hard! I would love to have her all to bits so I could repaint her. But I did give her a bit of a haircut that I think is cute, even if you can't see it much. Next up is to repaint her face, definitely - right now her features are just a bit TOO perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Love what you're doing! You look like you're having fun.

    You might find the Yahoo Group, Legendary_Tutorials helpful. I learned a lot about face ups, making costumes and clothes, and reconstructing dolls there. You might find it fun.

    Hugs! Christine

    ReplyDelete