Sunday, December 20, 2009

At Least I'm Productive?

So, I've been sitting here sewing while waiting for the pain meds to kick in from after my surgery. Not so pleasant, but at least it keeps my mind off of things.

I won't say that my work has been GOOD, mind you, but I've been productive - there's a large difference! But practice makes perfect, and if I can practice until I get the hang of it, all the better.

I found this very nice tutorial on how to make sweaters out of socks. I haven't been hemming them - mostly practice pieces you know - so it's my kind of work... easy and immediate gratification! And also fortunately, we have a lot of leftover, unmated socks...

These pictures are pretty poor but should give you the idea.





The bolero started out as a black sweater but I didn't leave quite enough room for a torso - so I slapped a button on there and called it a day. I actually think it looks really cute like that. Of course, I need to make her a nice plain shirt to go underneath it...

The skirt I'm going to redo, it was just a straight-across skirt. I'd like it to poof out a little more, so I'm going to give more of a curve to the thing. Fortunately I have plenty of that cute fabric, and some little blue-and-green assorted tiny buttons (regular, not heart-shaped). So I'm thinking of doing something like a nautical-inspired skirt, with buttons down the front.



This outfit is a little more discombobulated, but again, the top is from a sock - more of a dress sock this time instead of a knit one. (I also made a pink argyle sweater for her, but that needs some patching/will be seen later.) I'm not quite happy with the ruffle, but it'll do for now. :) After all, practice makes perfect.

The skirt is just straight-up from a pair of baby socks my sister got at Target on clearance. It's such a happy looking, uh... giraffe... thing. I have no clue what it is, but now it has lace on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment